My Journey

In September, 2009, this Canadian boy started a masters program the Arava Institute for Environmental Studies, learning about ecology and health, middle-eastern politics and the environment, and how a dire problem may facilitate a region's coming together for the better. This Blog is a record of my head-first dive into this immense world.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Flood of the century (so far)

Tonight it is supposed to rain.  A lot.  By tomorrow morning there may very well be waterfalls in the wadis up in the hills, and deep rock pools where we can swim.  I remember one time in Colorado skiing with my family, sitting in the hot tub and looking at the snow all around, being really struck by the cognitive dissonance.  Maybe tomorrow as I look out from a deep rock pool and see the as yet lifeless landscape, I'll feel the same way.  My camera's still out of commission, but there should be some group pictures I can nick from somewhere.  Hopefully I can share it with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment