My Journey

In September, 2009, this Canadian boy started a masters program the Arava Institute for Environmental Studies, learning about ecology and health, middle-eastern politics and the environment, and how a dire problem may facilitate a region's coming together for the better. This Blog is a record of my head-first dive into this immense world.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Last Day of Classes

So, today was my last day of classes; it was a full, 8 hour day at that!  I finished with 3 hours of Environmental Anthropology in the morning and 5 hours of Eco-Health in the afternoon.  Nadav Davidovitch, our professor for Eco-health, is a public health physician and researcher at BGU, and he managed to sneak in a short apropos lecture about natural disasters and public health missions into the 5 hour session, which was mostly us presenting and discussing our rough papers.  In fact, he will likely be heading to Haiti with the Israeli delegation in the next couple of days, and has been helping to prepare them since yesterday morning.  My friend Adi and I are convinced that he's a superhero in disguise.

Even though I know that leaving after this term is the right thing for me, the prospect of leaving this place and all of the wonderful friends that I have made here is a bit painful.  I know I will be in Israel for another few months and will get to visit and spend a little time with them, but the reality of leaving the kibbutz is quite rapidly approaching.  I move my stuff to Holon, where I will be working for Save a Child's Heart, on Tuesday!  After 4 months in a place, not matter where, it kind of feels like home and I guess it always will to a certain extent.  I will try to, in the next couple weeks, catch all you readers up on the goings on of the last little while and try to sum up this whole experience somehow. 

And then it will be on to new adventures...

No comments:

Post a Comment