My Journey

In September, 2009, this Canadian boy started a masters program the Arava Institute for Environmental Studies, learning about ecology and health, middle-eastern politics and the environment, and how a dire problem may facilitate a region's coming together for the better. This Blog is a record of my head-first dive into this immense world.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Back in Israel

After 2 weeks back in Toronto for Pesach, I've touched down in Israel once again.  It was a whirlwind visit, filled with little trips, tons of catching up over drinks of many sorts, and a lot of good family time, though some of it under less than desired circumstances.  Thankfully, everything is back to some semblance of normality and my Zaide is on the road to full recovery.  I even landed a job for July the day after I arrived in Toronto.  I'll be working at a place called Children's Peace Theatre, out at Victoria Park, on their major annual project.  You can read about it here, and I'm sure I'll have a lot to say about it in July too. 


Just in the last few days, a new little piece of Israeli policy has put many people I know a bit on edge.  I don't know enough about it to really say, but here and here are a couple of representative articles, and here is a little story on Al-Jazeera featuring a Gazan artist living in the West Bank who I met in Feburary.  I'll keep updating as things develop.

But despite the turmoil, I'm very excited about being back in Israel, and going back to the Machon.  Ketura Bound!

No comments:

Post a Comment