My Journey

In September, 2009, this Canadian boy started a masters program the Arava Institute for Environmental Studies, learning about ecology and health, middle-eastern politics and the environment, and how a dire problem may facilitate a region's coming together for the better. This Blog is a record of my head-first dive into this immense world.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Yeled Tov Yerushalayim

Much to the relief of my grandfather, I have shaved my beard off and will be keeping it off for a while (no more one-month shaving cycle!).  I've also largely been wearing my glasses instead of my contacts.  The overall look is slightly different to the one at the top of the page.  And yes, thank you, I know that I look just like my father :-)


The look prompted my caravan-mate, Itai, to  remark that I'm turning into a "Yeled tov Yerushalayim", a hebrew euphemism that was new to me.  It translates pretty much as a "good boy from Jerusalem."  In other words, a bit of a goody-two-shoes know it all wimp with a nasally voice.  I'll let you decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment